Call Us - (931)319-9640 Home - Contact
Tennessee Boar Hunting

Tennessee Hunting License


Our state wildlife department, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA), does a great job overall but our license requirements can be pretty confusing sometimes. Below is a basic outline of the requirements. Like most states, our hunting laws and hunting license requirements change a little just about every year. I will try to update this page to keep it accurate, but this page is for reference only. Visit the TWRA website for the most up to date pricing and regulations.



Tennessee non-resident license fees for the 2012-2013 hunting season are as follows:

  • Junior 7-day Small Game, type 070 - youths 13-15 years, $9 (coyote, small game)
  • Junior All Game Annual, type 086 - youths 13-15 years, $40 (boar, deer, turkey, coyote)
  • 7-day Small Game, type 072 - hunters 16 years or older $50.50 (coyote, small game)
  • 7-day All Game, type 074 - hunters 16 years or older, $175.50 (boar, deer, turkey, coyote)
  • All Game Annual, type 073 - hunters 16 years and older, $251 (boar, deer, turkey, coyote)


Tennessee hunting licenses can be purchased at sporting goods stores and Wal-mart stores throughout the state. They can also be purchased on-line. Be sure you to talk to me BEFORE you buy your license. License requirements change, we want to make sure you get the correct license type for the property you are hunting.


You do NOT need a Tennessee State Hunting license if:

If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. There are some exceptions that apply to our hunting properties:

  • If you are hunting our guaranteed hunts inside the fence (it is included)
  • Military personnel on leave carrying leave papers.
  • You are a Tennessee resident born before March 1, 1926 (with proof of age and residency).
  • Resident and nonresident youths under 13. Hunters ages 10-12 need only a hunter education certificate to hunt. However, youths 6-16 hunting big game on a WMA must have a valid Type 094 or Type 095 permit or quota permit, as applicable.